Weddings are beautiful occasions. Whether they’re large or small, in your hometown or in an exotic location, they tell a tale of true love between two people. To help make the day special, you and your partner will decide on a theme, a set of colors, a venue, a menu, and a wide range of other items that help reflect your own personal story. The fine details are what truly help your guests to celebrate your love and understand your unique story.
However, these details are not without their price tags, and you don’t want to be caught off guard by an unexpected cost. If this is your first time planning a wedding, there’s a good chance you’re not sure exactly what you need to include in your budget; so to help you out, your trusted wedding coordinator in Orlando has compiled 5 often unexpected costs to include:
- Stationery. If you think your stationery needs include only save-the-dates, shower invitations, and wedding invitations, think again. There’s a good chance you’ll need quality stationery for your programs, place cards, menu cards, escort cards, and so on. Many quality stationery companies that specialize in weddings should be able to offer you a package deal so all your bases are covered, but be sure you consult with your wedding planner to help ensure you’ve included all the paper goods you need.
- Hotel rooms. If you’re holding your wedding in a location beyond your hometown, or if your ceremony or reception will be at a hotel, you’ll need to book at least a few rooms. Here’s where it gets tricky: if you and your bridesmaids plan to get ready on the morning of the ceremony in your hotel rooms, pay attention to your checkout times. Often, you’ll need to book rooms for the bridal party for an extra day so you have time to prepare.
- Unexpected guests. Almost every bride has been there: a family member who thought they couldn’t make it manages to find their way to the ceremony, or a friend brings a date without realizing that they should notify you ahead of time. Whatever the reason, it’s better to be safe than sorry, so be sure to prepare for a few extra place settings and meals, if applicable.
- Thank-yous and favors. Wedding favors are a great deal of fun to make, often consisting of a small gift, candy, or any other cute treat that goes along with your theme. On average, each gift will cost between $3 and $8–which might not seem like much, until you multiply it by 100 guests. Be sure to set aside a reasonable amount of money for your favors. Your wedding coordinator can help you with the ideas and the cost.
- Marriage license. This is one of the most important elements in your wedding, yet it’s one that many planning couples often overlook! Without a marriage prep course, a marriage license in Florida costs close to $100; however, if you opt to have your official ceremony in a destination wedding, you’ll have to adhere to the laws of that particular country or region. To make sure everything is squared away, you might need to arrive early at your destination, so don’t forget to budget for additional meals and a longer hotel stay.
Especially if it’s your first time, budgeting for a wedding can become overwhelming. Take the stress out of the situation with the help of an expert wedding coordinator in Orlando. To schedule your initial consultation, contact An Affair of Excellence at (407) 902-6657.