Congratulations! The question has been popped, the ring is on the finger, now what? The enormity of starting the wedding planning process can seem overwhelming. Since this is supposed to be a happy process leading to an amazing wedding and a wonderful life ever after, we can up with a list of 8 simple but important things to do right after you get engaged. If you do these 8 things, you’ll be ready to take on the task of planning your wedding with ease and finesse.
- Tell your loved ones – You mom and dad shouldn’t find out you’re engaged by seeing your Facebook post. Call all of your VIPs and let them know the fantastic news. After that, feel free to blast social media.
- Get a manicure – Your hand is about to get a lot of attention. Grab your girlfriend and head to the salon.
- Get your ring insured – This maybe isn’t the most glamorous part of the post-engagement bliss, but it is one of the most important. That beautiful ring is likely very valuable. Don’t waste any time in protecting it. This way, if it falls down the sink, gets eaten by the dog, or mysteriously vanishes, you and your fiancée are covered.
- Decide on a budget – This is something that needs to be picked early on and stuck with. Know your finances and plan accordingly.
- Hire a wedding planner – Before your head starts spinning, consider hiring a professional wedding planner. Wedding planners can be critical in the early stages, especially with finding the ceremony and reception venues. In addition, hiring high quality vendors is vital to high quality results. These vendors typically get booked quickly, so having a planner help you find and book them can make sure you’re not out of luck.
- Think of a vague but firm wedding date – You don’t have to have the specific day picked out, but people will constantly be asking when the big day is. Something like Fall 2017 will work great to satisfy curiosity.
- Come up with a tentative guest list – Like the date, don’t worry about finalizing anything. No addresses needed yet. But having a rough idea of how many people you’ll be inviting is very important for picking a venue, understanding how your budget will be spread, and more.
- Start a Pinterest board – This one is possibly the most fun at all. For those that don’t already have one, open a Pinterest account and start a wedding board (or several wedding boards). This is your space to daydream and go wild. You can refine and whittle down your decisions later.
Planning a wedding doesn’t happen overnight. After that special engagement, take some time to lay the foundation for an incredible wedding and an even more incredible marriage.
For information on how An Affair of Excellence can help make your wedding the best day ever, give us a call at 407-902-6657.