Whether you’re brand new to the world of weddings or you’re a veteran maid of honor, you may have already known that summer is the most popular season for weddings. Around the world, many couples want nothing more than to enjoy their big day on a beach or out in the bright summer sunshine, before whisking each other away on an idyllic tropical honeymoon. However, there are obviously three other seasons in the year to enjoy!
When you’re planning on your own wedding, it can be difficult to determine which season would create the perfect backdrop for your ceremony and reception. Luckily, the Orlando wedding planner at An Affair of Excellence is here to help! Here are a few pros and cons for each season:
- Depending on your location, the land will be shedding the last frosts of winter while young flowers arise and beautiful green leaves emerge on the trees. Especially if you’re planning an outdoor wedding, nature is providing a very picturesque background for you in the spring.
- A spring wedding can be very symbolic: As the earth gets a fresh start in a new year, so you get a new start with your partner to love and grow together.
- As the flowers bloom, so does the pollen. Spring is the worst season for allergy sufferers, so if you count yourself among them, you may want to situate your ceremony indoors.
- Spring weather can be unpredictable, as we have seen over the last couple of years. You may want to have a backup plan, just in case a rogue storm hits in your area.
- Throughout the summer, the sun is shining, the birds are singing, and everyone’s trading in their heavy coats for light, cool clothing. The summer provides beautiful natural light for your big day, especially if you want a wedding on the beach or in a park.
- Dreaming of a destination wedding? There’s no better season than summer! Take your loved one to a tropical paradise as you join together in the bonds of love.
- Especially in Florida, summer afternoons can be brutal. You may want to plan your wedding in the morning or in the evening so that you and your guests don’t wind up as walking sweat puddles.
- As we mentioned before, summer is the most popular season for weddings, which means it will be difficult to book your ideal venues, caterers, and so on. It’s probably a good idea to plan well in advance (more than 6 months) if you’re vying for a summer wedding.
- Just as the spring creates beautiful picturesque views with new flowers and trees, autumn is famous for its colors, especially in northern states. Take advantage of breathtaking scenery with vibrant palettes of golds, reds, oranges, and purples.
- The weather is cooling off after the dog days of summer, making outdoor weddings more viable. As an added bonus, you’ll also be getting married after the peak of insect season, meaning you won’t have to light citronella torches around your venue!
- Scheduling conflicts may come into focus during the fall, since students and parents of children will have to turn their focus to the new school year.
- While Florida hasn’t seen a big storm in years, autumn is the heart of hurricane season. Of course, you’ll get plenty of advanced warning, but you may need to postpone your scheduled date if a storm does roll through.
- It’s called a winter wonderland for a reason! Whether you’re headed to a snowy landscape or staying in Florida, the starkness of winter lends itself to classic palettes. This is the perfect season for your wedding if you plan on a palette of red, black and white.
- The holiday season tends to give most people a warm, fuzzy feeling. Take advantage of this by theming your wedding with fireplaces, hot cocoa, candy canes and snowflakes.
- The holidays do come with their downsides, however, especially when it comes to scheduling. Many of your friends may already have plans to spend the holidays with their families, making them unable to celebrate your wedding.
- Many couples choose to have their wedding photos taken outside; however, if you do travel to a winter wonderland, your bridesmaids and groomsmen may be unwilling to freeze in order to take a few good shots. Chances are you’ll be limited to indoor photos.
Every season has its own set of benefits and challenges. Still not sure which one suits you and your partner? An experienced Orlando wedding planner can help you narrow it down. To learn more, call An Affair of Excellence at 407-902-6657 today.